The Frist Center’s Michelangelo Buonarroti exhibition, entitled Michelangelo: Sacred and Profane, Masterpiece Drawings from the Casa Buonarroti, offers an exclusive opportunity to see 26 of Michelangelo’s drawings up close and personal. It’s a rare occurrence to have this many of Michelangelo’s works in one place. The exhibition runs from October 30, 2015 to January 6, 2016.
Michelangelo’s drawings in this exhibition were preserved by his descendants at the Casa Buonarroti, the artist’s family home in Florence. You can see drawings spanning roughly 60 years, allowing a glimpse inside Michelangelo’s mind throughout most his life. Some of his most fascinating works are featured in the exhibition, including Madonna and Child and Study for the Porta Pia in Rome.
- October 30, 2015 to January 6, 2016
Frist Center Location & Contact
- Address: 919 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203 (map)
- Phone: (615) 744-4927
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday: 10am – 5:30pm
Thursday & Friday: 10am – 9pm (Martin ArtQuest closes at 5:30pm)
Saturday: 10am – 5:30pm
Sunday: 1pm –5:30pm (Café opens at noon on Sunday)
*The Frist Center is closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day
- Frist Center members: FREE
- Youth (18 and under): FREE
- College Students with ID: FREE on Thursdays and Fridays from 5pm to 9pm (with the exception of Frist Fridays)
- College Students with ID: $9.00
- Adults: $12.00
- Seniors (65 and older): $9.00
- Active Military (with current military ID): $7.00
- Groups of 10 or more (with advance reservation): $10.00
For more information, visit the Frist Center’s official website.