Are you planning a visit to Nashville, but aren’t sure where to stay? Nashville Guru has you covered. In this guide to the best hotels and vacation rentals in Nashville, we’ve separated out where to stay based on the different areas and what they have to offer. We’ve also included a bonus section of our very favorite bars and restaurants in each area so you don’t end up starving in a fast food drive-thru.
This Where to Stay in Nashville Guide Features:
- Neighborhood / Area Recommendations with Photos
- Hotel Recommendations
- Vacation Rental Recommendations
- Restaurant & Bar Recommendations
If you’re looking for a list of some of the top hotels based on price, walkability, and trend factors, make sure to check out the Best Hotels in Nashville Guide.
Most people visit Nashville for the one-of-a-kind experience offered on Lower Broadway. The famous neon lights of the Broadway honky tonks have deservingly earned Nashville the nickname “NashVegas.” This strip of bars offers live music every day of the week and partying into the early a.m. Other attractions located in downtown Nashville or SoBro (South of Broadway) include Bridgestone Arena, the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Ryman, Nissan Stadium, the Johnny Cash Museum, and many more.
These two areas combined have well over 75 bars and restaurants varying from local joints to national chains. As for shopping, downtown Nashville mostly has boot shops, western wear, souvenirs, and music stores, but you’ll also find a few local boutiques and recognized brands like American Apparel and Earthbound Trading Co.
When you stay in downtown Nashville, you will be able to walk to everywhere in downtown Nashville and SoBro as well as to Demonbreun Hill and the Gulch. If walking isn’t your thing, though, it’s also very simple to grab a taxi, Lyft, Uber, or B-Cycle to the other awesome neighborhoods in Nashville.
Best Hotels in Downtown / SoBro:
- Westin Nashville
- Hilton Nashville Downtown
- Omni Nashville
- Renaissance Hotel
- Sheraton Nashville
- Hilton Garden Inn
- The Capitol Hotel – *cheapest*
Best Vacation Rentals in Downtown / SoBro:
- Condo Overlooking Riverfront – 2 bedroom / 2 bath – Sleeps 4 – 85+ Five Star Reviews
- Downtown Nashville Loft – 3 bedroom / 2.5 bath – Sleeps 8 – 70+ Five Star Reviews
- Spacious Upscale Apartment – 2 bedroom / 2.5 bath – Sleeps 6-8 – 65+ Five Star Reviews
- Riverfront Condo – 1 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 2-4 – 65+ Five Star Reviews
- The Heart of Nashville Loft – 2 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleep 6 – 65+ Five Star Reviews
- The Music Loft – 2 bedroom / 2 bath – Sleeps 4-6 – 40+ Five Star Reviews
- Printers Alley Penthouse – 2 bedroom / 2.5 bath – Sleeps 6 – 25+ Five Star Reviews
- Honky Tonk Apartment – 3 bedroom / 2.5 bath – Sleeps 6-11 – 25+ Five Star Reviews
Photos of Downtown & SoBro:
The Gulch is one of our absolute favorite neighborhoods in Nashville. It’s a bit more upscale and trendy, but you also avoid some of the touristy stuff. If a more local feel is your style, definitely consider grabbing a hotel room in the Gulch. You can still walk or take a quick ride to downtown Nashville and SoBro to experience why we’re labeled NashVegas.
There are over 35 restaurants in the Gulch ranging from an awesome burger place to one of the nicest steakhouses in Nashville. You can also pop into the Turnip Truck to get some groceries for your hotel room or a smoothie from their smoothie and juice bar for breakfast.
This is the place to stay if you want to do some shopping! From more well-known stores like Urban Outfitters and Loft to local shops such as e.Allen Boutique and Two Old Hippies, you’ll have plenty of shopping options. From the Gulch, you can also walk to the Demonbreun Hill and Midtown neighborhoods.
Best Hotels in the Gulch:
Best Vacation Rentals in the Gulch:
- Craftsman Style Home near Gulch – 3 bedroom / 2 bath – Sleeps 10-12 – 60+ Five Star Reviews
- Luxury Vacation Home near Gulch – 5 bedrooms / 2 bath – Sleeps 12 – 35+ Five Star Reviews
- Brand New Apartment – 2 bedroom / 2 bath – Sleeps 4-6 – No reviews but brand new apartment luxury community!
- Spacious Modern Home – 4 bedroom / 3 bath – Sleeps 10-12 – 20+ Five Star Reviews
Photos of the Gulch:
With over 30 bars and restaurants, Midtown is a total mix of upscale dining, local favorites, and good ole bars. Midtown gets a lot of attention thanks to Patterson House, a nice bar with a speakeasy theme, and the unique dining concept at The Catbird Seat. This area is less touristy than downtown Nashville and is more of a bar-hopping area for young professionals and college students. This is a great area to get a hotel if you want to see how local Nashvillians live.
Best Hotels in Midtown:
Best Vacation Rentals in Midtown:
- Music Row Condo – 2 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 5* – 55+ Five Star Reviews
- Music Row Suite – 1 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 4* – 55+ Five Star Reviews
- Classic Southern Mansion – 4 bedroom / 3 bath – Sleeps 12 – 35+ Five Star Reviews
*These condos are located right outside of Midtown on Music Row. However, you can easily walk to Midtown and as an added bonus, you’re super close to Edgehill Village.
Photos of Midtown:
West End is a bustling, central location within Nashville. Centennial Park, Nashville’s largest urban park, is located here, which has events almost every weekend. Centennial Park is also home to the Parthenon, which is a popular attraction for visitors. Also, its proximity to Vanderbilt University, hospitals, and corporate headquarters makes it a popular area to stay in Nashville.
West End has more chain restaurants than other neighborhoods in Nashville, but we’ve listed our top local places to eat and drink below. There is some shopping on West End, but the shops are spread out from one another. You can walk to Midtown from this area, but will probably want transportation to get to other neighborhoods. Also, since it’s a touch outside of the most popular places to stay, hotels tend to be a little bit more affordable.
Best Hotels on West End:
Best Vacation Rentals on West End:
- Luxury Home – 4 bedroom / 3 bath – Sleeps 12 – 55+ Five Star Reviews
- Huge Vacation Rental – 4 bedroom / 3 bath – Sleeps 12 – 40+ Five Star Reviews
- Rooftop Dream House – 4 bedroom / 3 bath – Sleeps 12 – 35+ Five Star Reviews
- 1930s Cottage – 2 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 4 – 35+ Five Star Reviews
- Nashville Doll House – 4 bedroom / 3 Bath – Sleeps 12 – 10+ Five Star Reviews
- Spacious Condo – 2 bedroom / 2 bath – Sleeps 6-8 – 25+ Five Star Reviews
Photos of West End:
12 South is one of the most popular neighborhoods in Nashville. It’s a place we feel all visitors of Nashville should check out, whether you stay there or just grab a meal at one of the amazing restaurants. Since this neighborhood is small and residential, there aren’t any hotels. However, we’ve recommended a bed and breakfast as well as some vacation rental options.
12 South has over 20 bars and restaurants that range from a local pizza joint to a fine-dining establishment to a sandwich shop. You’ll also find some local shopping like custom jean-maker Imogene + Willie, local boutique MODA, and Nashville jewelry designer Judith Bright. This area isn’t touristy at all. Most people who hangout in 12 South are young professionals, families, and college students. This is the place for you if you want to see how Nashvillians spend their days.
Bed & Breakfasts in 12 South:
- 12 South Inn Suites: This is more of a mini-inn than a bed and breakfast. Each room has a private entrance making the accommodations a bit more private. There are four different rooms to choose from! A hot breakfast from Frothy Monkey is available for guests.
- The Nest: The Nest @ Casa de Halcyon only has one room available, and it’s a hidden gem. It’s a large suite with a huge outdoor space for you to enjoy.
Best Vacation Rentals in 12 South:
- 12 South Retreat – 4 bedroom / 3.5 bath – Sleeps 8 – 45+ Five Star Reviews
- 12 South Loft – 1 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 2-4 – 50+ Five Star Reviews
- One-of-a-kind Rental – 1 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 4 – 45+ Five Star Reviews
- Farmhouse Style Vacation Home – 3 bedroom / 2 bath – Sleeps 6 – 14+ Five Star Reviews
- Designer Home – 3 bedroom / 3 bath – Sleeps 10 – 20+ Five Star Reviews
Photos of 12 South:
Belmont Boulevard is a small area nestled between 12 South and Hillsboro Village. The neighborhood consists of gorgeous houses and an incredible walking experience if you stroll all the way down Belmont Boulevard (approximately one mile). There are only 10 places to eat on Belmont, which include a coffee shop and an asian-inspired bistro. Although this area is quaint, it’s a wonderful place to stay because you can walk to 12 South and Hillsboro Village so easily. Because of the proximity to Belmont University and all of the housing, you’ll mainly find college students and families in this area. Besides students’ parents, very few tourists know about the Belmont area!
Best Vacation Rentals on Belmont Blvd:
- Highly Rated Guest House – 3 bedroom / 1.5 bath – Sleeps 5 – 80+ Five Star Reviews
- Stunning Vacation Rental – 4 bedroom / 3.5 bath – Sleeps 10 – 25+ Five Star Reviews
- Affordable Condo – 1 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 2 – 15+ Five Star Reviews
- Sweet Cottage on Paris – 3 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 6 – 6 Five Star Reviews
- Huge Designer Home – 5 bedroom / 4.5 bath – Sleeps 12 – 15+ Five Star Reviews
Photos of Belmont Blvd:
Hillsboro Village is a fun, urban neighborhood filled with college students, young adults, and families. The area has a mix of houses, condos, and apartments, but no hotels. Over 25 bars and restaurants keep this neighbood lively. If you decide to stay in Hillsboro Village, you have to try the famous pancake house and super-popular local coffee shop.
Hillsboro Village also has more shopping than some of the other areas we’ve mentioned, including clothing boutiques, a bookstore, and a flower shop. It’s also home to Belcourt Theatre, which is a local theater house featuring films and performances. Belmont Boulevard and Midtown are within walking distance of Hillsboro Village.
Best Vacation Rentals in Hillsboro Village:
- Hillsboro Village Apartment – 2 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 4 – 50+ Five Star Reviews
- Charming Historic Apartment – 1 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 3 – 35+ Five Star Reviews
- Adorable 2 bedroom Rental – 2 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 4 – 30+ Five Star Reviews
- Luxury Hillsboro Village Home – 4 bedroom / 2.5 bath – Sleeps 10 – 25+ Five Star Reviews
- The Writers Room – 1 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 4 – 25+ Five Star Reviews
- Convenient Rental Home – 2 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 6 – 20+ Five Star Reviews
- Spacious Condo – 2 bedroom / 2.5 bath – Sleeps 6 – 13 Five Star Reviews
Photos of Hillsboro Village:
If you’re visiting Nashville, you’ve probably heard about the east side. East Nashville is home to many artists and musicians as well as young families. This is definitely an area to visit if you want to know how the locals live. It’s kind of a city in itself with over 85 local restaurants and over 60 local shops. If you’re wanting to see some live music (not country), eat at some tasty restaurants, and do some shopping, this is the spot for you! You can’t walk to any other areas from East Nashville.
Bed & Breakfasts in East Nashville:
- Urban Cowboy: The Urban Cowboy Bed & Breakfast opened in Nashville in March of 2016. It has quickly become a popular stop for travelers, especially creatives.
- The Big Bungalow: The Big Bungalow is a little three-room bed and breakfast located in East Nashville. Reviewers rave about how wonderful the host is and love the location.
Best Vacation Rentals in East Nashville:
- One Bedroom Apartment – 1 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 4 – 85+ Five Star Reviews
- Lockeland Springs Home – 3 bedroom / 2.5 bath – Sleeps 8 – 65+ Five Star Reviews
- Blue Bird Studio Loft – 1 bedroom / 1 bath – Sleeps 2-4 – 55+ Five Star Reviews
- East Nashville Cottage – 2 bedroom / 2 bath – Sleeps 6 – 45+ Five Star Reviews
- East Side Condo – 3 bedroom / 2 bath – Sleeps 6 – 40+ Five Star Reviews
- Stunning, Spacious Bungalow – 4 bedroom / 2.5 bath – Sleeps 8 – 35+ Five Star Reviews
- East Nashville Bungalow – 3 bedroom / 2.5 bath – Sleeps 10 – 35+ Five Star Reviews
- Contemporary Retreat – 3 bedroom / 2.5 bath – Sleeps 8 – 25+ Five Star Reviews
- Tudor Home in East Nashville – 4 bedroom / 2 bath – Sleeps 12 – 15+ Five Star Reviews
- Five Points Cottage – 3 bedroom / 3 bath – Sleeps 8 – 15+ Five Star Reviews
- Victorian House – 3 bedroom / 2 bath – Sleeps 8 – 15+ Five Star Reviews
Photos of East Nashville:
These are top recommendations for where to stay in Nashville! Let us know about your experiences and other recommendations in the comments below.