Stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) is a must-try hobby, especially in areas like Nashville where there are many lakes and rivers. The sport is fairly easy, good exercise, and, most importantly, fun. Here is Nashville Guru’s guide to the top SUP companies and locations in the Nashville area.
STAND-UP PADDLEBOARDING in Nashville
Nashville Paddle Company
Nashville Paddle Company is the most well-known paddleboarding operation in Nashville. They offer a variety of instructional classes, including SUP yoga and SUP fitness. They also have a boathouse, making it convenient to walk up and get paddling. Kayak rentals are available, too. Nashville Paddle donates a portion of profits to the Cumberland River Compact.
Launch Location: Hamilton Creek Marina at Percy Priest Lake | map/directions
Rates: Starting at $30 (see rates)
Big Willie’s Action Sports
Big Willie’s Action Sports offers SUP and kayak rentals for an hour-and-a-half+ paddle down the Cumberland River, starting at Shelby Park and ending in Downtown Nashville. This is great for visitors and groups, such as bachelor and bachelorette parties, wanting a skyline photo-op.
- Launch Location: Shelby Park on the Cumberland River | map/directions
- Rates: Starting at $35 (see rates)
Nashville SUP & Yoga
Nashville SUP & Yoga offers yoga classes on the water. This popular SUP option is located at Gallatin Marina on Old Hickory Lake. Try yoga on a paddleboard or just rent a board for a relaxing getaway on the calm waters. Bookings must be done in advance.
- Launch Location: Gallatin Marina on Old Hickory Lake | map/directions
- Rates: Starting at $30 (see rates)
Broken Paddle Outfitters
Broken Paddle Outfitters is a full-service canoe, kayak, and tube rental company. With only a 15-minute drive from Downtown Nashville, this is a great option for both locals and tourists. Rentals and shuttles are offered daily. Trips must be booked in advance.
- Launch Location: Multiple launch locations including Highway 100, Coley Davis, Newsoms Mill, Broken Paddle Outfitters, Hidden Lake, and Highway 249—Highway 100 is launch only and Highway 249 is take-out only | map / directions of Broken Paddle Outfitters
- Rates: Starting at $45 (see rates)