Nashville’s restaurant scene is starting the new year off with a heavy-hitter. The much-anticipated FLIP Burger Boutique from celebrity chef Richard Blais is set to open on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 in the Sylvan Park area, and the buzz has Nashvillians eager to try it. We got a look inside and a sneak peek of the grub and shakes.
According to their website, “FLIP is all about creating a modern, imaginative, chef-driven dining experience that gives all your senses a night out,” and from what we’ve seen so far, their mission seems to be on-point. FLIP Burger has four other locations, including three locations in Atlanta and one in Birmingham, making Nashville the fifth. It’s located at 4111 Charlotte Avenue next to the Beer Pale and about two blocks from M.L. Rose West.
FLIP Burger: The Space
FLIP Burger’s red, white, and black color scheme is modern and fresh. There’s an outdoor patio, which is perfect for summertime milkshakes or speciality cocktails. The parking lot and street parking is free and easy, too, which is always a plus.
The interior is spacious but cozy. The U-shaped bar is the central focal point of the restaurant with about 15 stools. We especially like the booths on the right wall backed by the simplistic wall art. The rounded corners of the ceilings, chairs, bar stools, and plates maintain the contemporary style throughout, providing a cohesive atmosphere and experience.
FLIP Burger: The Food & Drinks
If you’ve ever seen Top Chef, Iron Chef or Cook Your Ass Off, then you are probably familiar with Richard Blais, who is the creative director and visionary of FLIP Burger. The menu is thoughtful, from organic meats to sauces made daily in-house to innovative N2 milkshakes. General Manager, Jason Despain, said the “hot rabbit” is a must-try, which is only available at the Nashville location. With Chris Cunningham as Executive Chef, who was formerly the Executive Chef at Sunset Grill for nine years, we’re confident FLIP will exceed expectations. They also have a full bar featuring local favorites like Yazoo and Black Abbey, so it’s going to be a good spot for happy hour, too.
If you’re ready to start 2015 with a tasty bang, FLIP Burger should be on your list of places to try.
FLIP Burger Details
- OPENING DATE: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 4pm-10pm
- ADDRESS: 4111 Charlotte Avenue, Nashville, TN 37209
- PHONE: (615) 454-2917
- HOURS (tentative – call to confirm):
Mon – Thurs: 11am – 10pm
Fri – Sat: 11am – 11pm
Sun: 11am – 9pm
- RESERVATIONS: They DON’T take reservations. It’s first come, first served.
- PARKING: There’s a free parking lot in front along with free street parking.
- ALCOHOL: They have a full bar, including draft beer, liquor, and wine.
- DIETARY: They have gluten-free options, a vegetarian burger, and a vegan burger, all of which are handmade in-house (not frozen patties!)
- HAPPY HOUR: They will have happy hour daily from 3pm to 6pm featuring $3-$6 select drinks and menu items (more details and start date coming soon!)
For more information, visit the official FLIP Burger website.