Ready to get in the holiday spirit? There are a lot of fun holiday events, activities, and pop-up bars in Nashville to get you in the mood for hot chocolate, candy canes, and cozy fires. Here are some of the top holiday happenings this year in Music City.
Christmas at Gaylord Opryland
November 10, 2023 – January 1, 2024
Over three million lights turn the Opryland Hotel and Resort into a magical destination. You can visit Opryland for free any day between November 10, 2023, to January 1, 2024, just to see the interior and exterior lights, or you can pay to do other fun activities. And, of course, you could stay the night for the ultimate experience!
Highlights during Christmas at Gaylord Opryland include:
- Ice! Featuring The Polar Express™️ Presented By Pepsi (begins November 10, 2023)
- Darryl Worley & Friends: Home for the Holidays Dinner Show
- Outdoor fun including ice tubing, ice skating, and ice bumper cars
- Millions of lights
- Carriage rides
- Photos with Santa
- Gingerbread Decorating Corner
- Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Delta Riverboat Christmas Cruises
- Snowball Build & Blast
- Merry Snoopy Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- Breakfast with Charlie Brown & Friends™
Holiday LIGHTS at Cheekwood
November 18, 2023 – January 7, 2024
Holiday LIGHTS at Cheekwood is open seven nights a week from November 18, 2023, to January 7, 2024 (except Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day). Enjoy over one million twinkling lights while you walk the 55-acre grounds of Cheekwood. From s’mores stations to holiday drinks for grown-ups, this is a wonderful holiday outing for the whole family. Holiday LIGHTS is a timed-ticketed event from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. The exhibit admission ranges from free to $31 depending on membership status, time, and date.
November 17, 2023 – January 7, 2024
Zoolumination will return to the Nashville Zoo nightly (5:00pm to 9:00pm) from November 17, 2023, to January 7, 2024, and on Thursdays through Sundays (5:00pm to 9:00pm) from January 11, 2024, to February 4, 2024. This event features over 1,000 large-than-life, custom-made silk lanterns. In addition to mythical creatures and fantastical beasts, there will be a festive North Pole Village full of holiday lights and fun where Santa will visit nightly from November 24th to December 24th.
Buying tickets in advance is required. Single-night tickets (Monday through Thursday) are $23 for adults and teens and $19 for kids (ages 2-12 years old), members save $2 off single-night tickets. Single-night tickets (Friday through Sunday) are $26 for adults and teens and $22 for kids (ages 2-12 years old), members save $2 off single-night tickets. Platinum Passes (unlimited visits) are $39 for adults and teens and $29 for kids (ages 2-12 years old). Children under age 2 are FREE.
General Jackson Christmas Cruises
November 16, 2023 – December 25, 2023
Float down the Cumberland River aboard the General Jackson Showboat, one of Nashville’s long-time attractions, for a holiday-themed cruise from November 16, 2023, through December 25, 2023. Choose between the Tennessee Christmas Midday Cruise or the Music City Christmas Evening Cruise. During each cruise, guests can expect live musical performances, an elegant meal, and incredible views of Nashville! Prices vary from $44-$135.
Franktown Festival of Lights
November 17, 2023 – December 31, 2023
Franktown Festival of Lights is a nightly light display running from November 17, 2023, to December 31, 2023, at the Williamson County Ag Expo Center in Franklin. Relax in your vehicle and wind through over 200 light displays and listen to synchronized Christmas tunes on your radio. Walkin’ Wednesdays will return this year with tickets reserved for people who would like to walk through the light display from 5:00pm to 6:30pm. The display is open from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Ticket prices vary from $34.69-$106.79.
Après Ski at PROOF Rooftop Bar
November 20, 2023, through January 2024
Check out the Après Ski pop-up at PROOF Rooftop Bar this holiday season at W Nashville from Monday, November 20, 2023, through January 2024. Expect a winter village with two translucent cabins, cozy couches, chic décor, and a rustic fireplace. There will also be creative drinks, large-format cocktails, and tasty bites. Make your reservations here.
Après Ski at PROOF Rooftop Bar Hours
- Monday through Thursday – 4:00pm to midnight
- Friday – 2:00pm to 1:00am
- Saturday – noon to 1:00am
- Sunday – noon to midnight
November 18, 2023, through January 7, 2024
JW Starlight will take place Saturday, November 18, 2023, through Sunday, January 7, 2024, at JW Marriott Nashville. Guests can expect a “bar car” holiday experience right in the lobby with 3D animation and craft cocktails. Tickets can be purchased online for 2 to 15 passengers. Single seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis (cannot be purchased online). Large parties with 16 to 24 passengers must book a private event experience—contact Savannah Bennett at email@example.com or (615) 584-8762 to book. This experience is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
9 ¾, Holiday Pop-Up at The Union Station Nashville Yards
November 1, 2023, through December 29, 2023
Get into the holiday spirit with the family-friendly 9 ¾, Holiday Pop-Up at The Union Station Nashville Yards. This experience will take place daily (in the hotel lobby) from Wednesday, November 1, 2023, through Friday, December 29, 2023, from 1:00pm to 10:00pm on weekdays and from 1:00pm to 11:00pm on weekends. Expect enchanting wizard decor such as house banners, floating lanterns and candles, a hidden golden snitch, flying owls, and a luggage cart photo opportunity. There will also be themed cocktails and bar bites. Admission is free and open to all ages.
Camp Bobby: A Winter Pop-Up Experience
November 2, 2023, through February 18, 2024
Camp Bobby, a 1970s-inspired campsite with personal campfires, igloos, and a groovy lounge, is open daily from Thursday, November 2, 2023, through Sunday, February 18, 2024, at Bobby Hotel’s rooftop. See the most up-to-date hours on their website.
- Igloos (up to 6 guests): Reservations only with a $200 food and beverage minimum for 90 minutes + $25 reservation fee
- 70s Holiday Lounge in the Scenicruiser (up to 12 guests): Reservations only with a $500 food and beverage minimum for 2 hours + $100 reservation fee
- Fire Pits & Tented Bar: walk-in only; first-come, first-served
e’s Christmas at Hidden Bar
November 8, 2023, through January 8, 2024
Hidden Bar’s Ralphie’s Christmas pop-up is spreading holiday cheer from Wednesday, November 8, 2023, through Monday, January 8, 2024. The bar at Noelle Hotel has been transformed into Ralphie’s ultimate holiday party with endless ‘Oval-Tinis’ and festive bites. This is a first-come, first-served experience—reservations are not accepted. Guests must be 21 or over to enter.
Hidden Bar’s Ralphie’s Christmas Hours:
- Sunday through Thursday – 5:00pm to Midnight
- Friday and Saturday – 5:00pm to 1:00am
November 16, 2023, through February 20, 2024
Make your way to one of the highest rooftops in Nashville to experience Chalet 27. The winter experience is located at L27 Rooftop Lounge on the 27th floor of The Westin Nashville and is open Thursday, November 16, 2023, through Tuesday, February 20, 2024. Guests can expect a Swiss Alps-inspired oasis, festive cocktails and bites, and a winter-white atmosphere. Reservations are encouraged.
Tinsel at Teddy’s
Begins November 17, 2023, through January 14, 2024
Make sure to check out Tinsel at Teddy’s, an immersive holiday pop-up on the rooftop at Teddy’s Tavern! The pop-up will take place from Friday, November 17, 2023, through Sunday, January 14, 2024. Expect a heated outdoor space with specialty cocktails and a selfie/photo backdrop spot. Admission is free.
Rudy’s Rooftop Retreat at The Pool Club
November 17, 2023, through December 2023
Rudy’s Rooftop Retreat at The Pool Club at Virgin Hotels Nashville will take place from Friday, November 17, 2023, through December 2023. Guests can expect enchanting decor reminiscent of Santa’s reindeer fleet, the hotel’s new heated pool, festive food and beverage offerings, campsite-inspired dinners, and more. This pop-up is open daily. Reservations are encouraged.
The Rink Above Broadway at Grand Hyatt Nashville
November 18, 2023, through December 31, 2023
The Rink Above Broadway opens Saturday, November 18, 2023, and runs through Sunday, December 31, 2023, at Grand Hyatt Nashville. Escape to the 5th-floor rooftop to experience this magical winter wonderland with ice skating—the Glice eco-friendly synthetic ice rink offers affordable fun for the entire family! There will also be fun events including kids’ cookie decorating and breakfast with Santa on select dates. Reservations aren’t required but are recommended for skating. Complimentary valet parking is available for two hours and skates are provided. The cost is $10 per person Monday through Thursday and $15 per person Friday through Sunday. Food and beverages are also available for purchase.
November 25, 2023, through December 23, 2023
Saint Nicky’s, a holiday-themed dining experience, is taking place from Saturday, November 25, 2023, to Saturday, December 23, 2023, at Nicky’s Coal Fired in The Nations. Guests can expect holiday cocktails, lights, garlands, Christmas trees, ornaments, and a new holiday bar experience, Tropical Tidings!
- Christmas Village – November 10-12, 2023
- Holiday Open House with Thistle Farms – November 19, 2023
- 2023 Christmas 4 Kids Concert – November 20, 2023
- Shop Small Holiday Market – November 25, 2023
- Holiday Classics at Regal Cinemas – November 26, 2023 and December 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, 23, 2023
- Hot Chocolate With Santa at The Loveless Barn – November 29, 2023
- Gulch Holiday Night Market – December 1, 2023
- Nashville Christmas Tree Lighting – December 1, 2023
- Mix, Mingle And Be Merry at City Winery – December 1, 2023
- Home Alone in Concert with the Nashville Symphony – December 1-3, 2023
- East Nash Holiday Bash – December 1-2, 2023
- The Ethos Market – December 1-2, 2023
- A Christmas Carol – December 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 2023
- Grinchmas Afternoon Tea at The Lounge at Blue Aster – December 1-3, 8-10, 15-17, 22-24, 2023
- Rudolph’s Red Nose Run 5k – December 2, 2023
- Holiday Cocktail Bash – December 2, 2023
- Jingle Bell Run – December 2, 2023
- Winter Warmer Beer Festival – December 2, 2023
- Digging In: Christmas Wreath Workshop – December 2, 2023
- A Shop of Things Holiday Party – December 2, 2023
- Pictures with Santa at Tee Line Nashville – December 2, 2023, and December 9, 2023
- Cookies and Cocoa with Santa – December 2-22, 2023
- Brunch With Santa – December 3, 2023
- The Warehouse Collective Sale – Holiday Pop-Up – December 3, 2023
- Holiday Pop-Up presented by 12 South Farmers Market – December 3, 2023
- Nathan Thomas Christmas Special – December 3, 2023
- Holiday Pet Portraits at the Germantown Inn – December 3, 2023
- Holiday Goddess Craft Market – December 7, 2023
- Porter Flea Holiday Market Preview Night – December 8, 2023
- Hanukkah at Butcher & Bee – December 8-9, 2023
- Nashville’s Nutcracker – December 8-10, 15-17, 21-24, 2023
- 12 Bars of Christmas Crawl – December 9, 2023
- Porter Flea Holiday Market – December 9, 2023
- Nashville Santa Rampage – December 9, 2023
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Party at Church and Union – December 9, 2023
- Dickens of a Christmas – December 9-10, 2023
- Amqui Station Holiday Farmers Market – December 10, 2023
- Candy Cane Lane at Fifth + Broadway – December 10, 2023
- Saint Nicky’s Photos with Santa – December 10, 2023
- Cookies and Cocoa with Santa – December 10, 2023
- Jackalope’s Annual Christmas Vacation – December 10-11, 2023
- Celebrating Christmas with Emily West & Friends – December 13, 2023
- A Holiday to Remember at Belmont Mansion – December 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 2023
- Holiday Cocktail Class at Nelson’s Green Brier Distillery – December 15, 2023
- Nashville Nightmare Before Christmas – December 15-17, 2023
- An Old Fashioned Christmas at Rudy’s Jazz Room – December 15-16, 2023
- Made Market Holiday Edition – December 16, 2023
- Jolly Parton Holiday Party at Harriet’s Rooftop – December 16, 2023
- Drag in the Holidays at Stateside Kitchen – December 16, 2023
- Lipman Lounge Holiday Pop-Up at The Mall at Green Hills – December 16, 2023
- The “get-them-what-they-actually-want” Christmas Market – December 16, 2023
- Brunch with Santa at Assembly Food Hall – December 17, 2023
- Saint Nicky’s Cookie Decorating Party – December 17, 2023
- Drew & Ellie Holcomb’s Neighborly Christmas – December 21, 2023