Nashville is full of tasty places to eat and drink, but what happens when you want your furry best friend to tag along? You’re always calling around making sure your dog is welcome. Good news—you don’t have to do that anymore! Here’s a list of 50+ dog-friendly patios and porches in Nashville. This guide includes dog-friendly restaurants broken down by neighborhood!
Things to Remember:
- Dogs must be on a 6-foot (or shorter), non-retractable leash.
- Dogs are only allowed in outdoor dining areas of restaurants. They cannot go inside for any reason.
- Dogs must be under control, or you might be asked to leave.
- Call ahead to confirm! Rules change or there may be a special event.
Dog-Friendly PATIOS IN NASHVILLE
Von Elrod’s Beer Hall & Kitchen
Von Elrod’s Beer Hall & Kitchen has one of the biggest outdoor spaces in Nashville, offering ample room for you and your pup. There is a covered section with fans and heaters, as well as a side patio with umbrellas and additional picnic tables. Order one of their famous Big Ass Mimosas or a stein of beer from their nice selection of 38 beers on tap. You and your four-legged bestie will likely end up on their Instagram feed!
Gulch + Captiol View
- Pins Mechanical Company *GURU PICK FOR COCKTAILS (Dogs allowed inside and outside!)
- Barista Parlor (Gulch) *GURU PICK FOR COFFEE
- Burger Republic *GURU PICK FOR LUNCH
- Marsh House
- Pins Mechanical Company
- Hops & Crafts
- Turnip Truck (Gulch)
- Peg Leg Porker
- M.L.Rose (Capitol View)
- The Dutch
- The Pub
- The Gumbo Bros
- Condado Tacos
Downtown + SoBro
- 6th & Peabody *GURU PICK FOR DRINKS
- Martin’s Bar-B-Que (SoBro) *GURU PICK FOR LUNCH
- The Southern *GURU PICK FOR DINNER
- Liberty Common
- Tennessee Brew Works
- New Heights Brewing Company
- Cafe at Bobby
- Frothy Monkey (Downtown)
- Rare Bird
- Edley’s (12 South) *GURU PICK FOR LUNCH
- Frothy Monkey (12 South) *GURU PICK FOR BREAKFAST
- Urban Grub *GURU PICK FOR DINNER
- 12 South Taproom
- Five Daughters Bakery (12 South)
- White Bison Coffee
- The Buttermilk Ranch
- Bottle Cap
- Embers Ski Lodge
- Portland Brew
- Fat Bottom Brewing *GURU PICK FOR DRINKS
- Red Bicycle (The Nations) *GURU PICK FOR BREAKFAST
- Nicky’s Coal Fired *GURU PICK FOR DINNER
- Bringles Smoking Oasis
- Harding House Brewing Co.
- Frothy Monkey (The Nations)
- Czann’s Brewing Company
- Daddy’s Dogs
- Hunters Station *GURU PICK FOR LUNCH
- Sky Blue Cafe *GURU PICK FOR BREAKFAST
- Butcher & Bee *GURU PICK FOR DINNER
- Mitchell Delicatessen
- Two Ten Jack
- Village Pub
- GReKo Greek Street Food
- Barista Parlor (East Nashville)
- Portland Brew (East Nashville)
- Ugly Mugs
- Five Daughters Bakery (East Nashville)
- Smith & Lentz
- Redheaded Stranger
- Rosemary & Beauty Queen
- The Treehouse
- East Nashville Beer Works
- Bongo Java East and Game Point Café
- Crazy Gnome Brewery
- Frothy Monkey (East Nashville)
- Hawkers Nashville
- Love & Exile Bar
- Lockeland Table
- Diskin Cider *GURU PICK FOR DRINKS
- Loading Dock *GURU PICK FOR COFFEE
- Dozen Bakery *GURU PICK FOR BREAKFAST
- The Ranch at Jackalope Brewing Co.
- Corsair Artisan Distillery
- Fait la Force Brewing
Hillsboro Village + Belmont Boulevard
- Fido *GURU PICK FOR BREAKFAST
- Double Dogs (Hillsboro Village) *GURU PICK FOR LUNCH
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar *GURU PICK FOR DINNER
- Bongo Java (Belmont Blvd)
- Proper Bagel
- J. Christopher’s
- Taco Mama
- Double Dogs (Sylvan Park) *GURU PICK FOR LUNCH
- Star Bagel *GURU PICK FOR BREAKFAST
- Answer *GURU PICK FOR DINNER
- Edley’s (Sylvan Park)
- Coco’s Italian Market
- Neighbor’s (Sylvan Park)
- Another Broken Egg
- Bearded Iris (Sylvan Park)
- Hugh-Baby’s (Sylvan Park)
- Red Perch
- Waldo’s Chicken & Beer *GURU PICK FOR LUNCH
- The Optimist *GURU PICK FOR DINNER
- Von Elrod’s *GURU PICK FOR BRUNCH
- Jack Brown’s Beer and Burger Joint
- 312 Pizza Company
- Butchertown Hall
- Red Bicycle (Germantown)
- Sedona Taphouse
- Steadfast Coffee
- Sonny’s Patio Pub & Refuge
- Monday Night Brewing
- Bearded Iris (Germantown)
- TailGate Brewery (Germantown)
- Little Hats Market
Midtown + Demonbreun Hill
- Tailgate Brewery (Demonbreun) *GURU PICK FOR DRINKS
- Commons Club *GURU PICK FOR BREAKFAST
- Velvet Taco (Midtown) *GURU PICK FOR DINNER
- Scout’s Pub
- The Pool Club
- The Slider House
- Urban Cookhouse
- Losers (Midtown)
- Tin Roof (Demonbreun)
- DawgHouse Saloon
- Bella Napoli *GURU PICK FOR LUNCH
- Barcelona * GURU PICK FOR DINNER
- Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint (Edgehill)
Elliston Place & West End
- Sandbar *GURU PICK FOR DRINKS
- Café Coco *GURU PICK FOR BREAKFAST
- Martin’s Bar-B-Que (Elliston Place) *GURU PICK FOR LUNCH
We’re always looking for more dog-friendly restaurants in Nashville, so let us know if we missed your favorite joint that welcomes dogs!
Jed’s on 28th also allows dogs on the patio
Stoney River on West End just finished their beautiful new patio and they allow dogs!
NY Pie in west Nashville and bar Louie also allow dogs at their outdoor tables 🙂
Please add Yeast Nashville to your Breakfast list. Thanks!
Cafe Fontanella lunch/dinner/brunch; The servers bring your dogs a bowl of water.
Cafe Fontanella lunch/dinner/weekend brunch. The servers bring your dog a bowl of water.
Battered and Fried/Wave Sushi near 5 points in East Nashville. Great place.
City Limits in Bellevue allows leashed dogs at outside tables.
Jed’s also allows on patio.
Craft Brewed on 8th S has a dog friendly patio, and provides buckets of water for your pup.
In West Nashville Stone Fox and Slow and Low also allow pups on porches!
Coco’s Italian Market has a dog permit for their patio.
Beyond the edge does not allow dogs on the patio any more in east! 🙁
Craft Brewed on 8th Ave. S (Franklin Pike) has a very spacious and dog friendly patio.
Martin’s BBQ on Belmont Blvd. They occasionally bring out a pig ear treat for frequent pups. 🙂
Jeni’s Ice Creams allows dogs on the patio.
Pomodoro East should be on your list. Their patio is great for brunch or dinner and we’ve taken our large Akita there on several occasions. I’m also a big fan of their Bloody Mary Bar during brunch.
Hi Michael! Pomodoro East is already listing under “Dinner.”
Anywhere have heaters outside for cooler days?
Craft Brewed! The pups gather there all the time!
Does Nashville have a bar where the dogs are allowed to roam off lead? We have several in NC and I was wondering if they had spread to TN.
Hi Terri, thanks for the question. The last time we checked, it’s a law that dogs have to be on a leash 6 feet or shorter. So no, we haven’t heard of any restaurants allowing dogs to roam.
Butchertown Hall allows pups on the patio.
Margot’s has welcomed us with our standard poodle on their enclosed all-weather patio, provided we reserve near the beginning of their dinner service. They have been very solicitous. (Insider tip: small but amazing wine list to accompany their good food.)
Dawghouse on demonbruen has a dog friendly patio as well!!
Hi, We will be visiting Nashville over the July 4th weekend, bringing our 4 mo. lab with us and staying downtown, 6th Ave, I believe. I was excited to come upon this site, but being unfamiliar with the names of pet friendly cafes, etc here, I was wondering if you had a map with the locations of posted restaurants? Thanks! Looking forward to our first vacation with Winston 🙂
Hi, we actually don’t have a map of all these dog-friendly patios. Sorry! I can tell you that Puckett’s and The Southern are both downtown and allow pups! Have fun.
Urban grub 12 south is dog friendly
Yes we bring our pup to Urban Grub all the time…and Edleys in 12 South!
M.L. Rose on Charlotte pk has an off leash friendly patio provided your dog is well mannered. Our dog likes it a lot. If you have a flighty dog be aware that the fence/wall won’t contain all dogs.
Pour house is also dog friendly.
Tin Roof does not allow dogs, at least not now. We stopped by hoping for a quick drink with out leashed dog and were turned away.
Thanks for the heads-up, Rosie! They must have changed their policy. We removed it.
Cochon Butcher in Germantown has always welcomed our dog on the patio and even brought him a bowl of water!
Thank you so much for this list! We’re visiting with a 3+ month old moyen poodle puppy next weekend. I know it’s not normally an issue in Nashville, but it’d be so helpful if this list somehow flagged places that are winter-appropriate (enclosed or heated). Thank you again!
J.D.’s Pour House in Hermitage allow dogs on their patio area as well
National Underground is the only place on Broadway that allows dogs 🙂
Butchertown Hall and Bearded Iris Brewery allows dogs on their patios as well
Jack Brown’s in Germantown is dog friendly!!
We take ours to Bajo Sexto quite a bit – their patio is fabulous and the people watching is so entertaining. Other places we frequent include The Juice Bar (Germantown), Drifter’s, The Pub, Broadway Brewhouse (Broadway) and Bar Louie. If you’re looking for a clean dog park with beautiful city views, check out the one near Ascend Amphitheater!
Phat Bites in Donelson
The Hook allows dogs on porch and yard!
I think the Hotel Indigo has a restaurant that is dog friendly
Bartaco in 12 S allows dogs on their patio!
Barcelona Wine Bar (Edgehill) also has a dog-friendly patio. They’re also now open for brunch on Saturday and Sunday.
🌻 Sunflower Café 🌻 has a great large dog friendly patio and yummy yummy vegetarian & vegan delights! Please add it to your list, THANKS!
Cochon and the Little Donkey in Germantown both allow dogs on their patios.
Drifters BBQ’s (East Nash) patio is dog friendly!
We are visiting from out of town and brought our dog. This list is great. We confirmed a few other additional dog friendly options that you might choose to add to your list. Peg Leg Porker, Southern Steak and Oyster, and Biscuit Love.
The Nations Bar & Grill allow dogs and have a covered patio!
Avo is dog friendly!
Anything in Donelson?
Also, Greko Greek Street Food is dog-friendly.
51st Kitchen in the Nations has it’s own dog park and allows dogs outside!
Athens Family Restaurant on Franklin Road in Melrose allows dogs on their outside patio…breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Little Harpath taproom is dog friendly
Star Bagel (breakfast and lunch) has a dog-friendly patio, if it hasn’t been mentioned already!
Nectar Urban Cantina!! It’s in Donelson right behind Walgreens. There is a patio and a gated yard!
We are coming down to Nashville this week 11/22 – are there a lot of patios open as we are bringing our pups with us?
Does Tootsies have outdoor seating and is it pet friendly?
Honeyfire BBQ at One Bellevue allows dogs on their patio. 🙂
I’m glad to find this list as I just got a puppy, but seeing as NV guru also lists happy hours is there a chance you would ever compile a list of “Yappy Hours”? I.e. happy hours for dog owners?
Hey Tim! Thanks for reaching out! We’ll keep this idea on our radar!
For Breweries/Taprooms: Diskin Cidery in We-Ho is very dog friendly.
The Green Pheasant should be added to this list. They’re super dog friendly & have delicious food & drinks!
East Nashville Beer Works on Trinity!
Harding House Brewing Company at 904 51st Ave N in the Nations
Winners, losers, the stillery all allow dogs….so does superica, Baja burrito, village pub, rudies(East)
Does any these places have a dog menu?
East Nashville Beer Works has a great dog friendly outdoor area!
Butcher & Bee, Smith & Lentz, Red Headed Stranger, Rosemary & Beauty Queen, The Treehouse…so many more places can be added to this list