Nashville | About
Nashville, Tennessee has several nicknames with the most popular being “Music City” and “Nashvegas“. With live music on every corner, crazy neon signs outside of the honky tonks on Broadway, and bars and restaurants galore, Nashville has earned every bit of those two nicknames.
Nashville, Tennessee is known as “Music City” for a reason. From the Grand Ole Opry to the Ryman Auditorium to the honky tonks on Broadway, Nashville’s soul is live music. Better known for country music, Nashville attracts up and coming country artists as well as music companies such as CMT, Universal Music Group, and SESAC, just to name a few. Although there is a strong country music presence in Nashville, one can argue that other genres of music can call Nashville home as well. You will find members of Kings of Leon hitting up local bars, Dave Barnes chillin’ at Whole Foods, and Ke$ha shopping at TJMaxx.
Don’t think it’s all just guitars and boots in Nashville though. Nashville is quickly becoming known for its incredible restaurants and unique dining experiences. Restaurants such as The Catbird Seat in Midtown, Arnold’s in the Gulch, Gabby’s Burgers in Downtown, Marche in East Nashville, Mas Tacos in East Nashville and City House in Downtown have all been recognized as must-try spots. Aside from bars and restaurants, tourists often visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and The Frist Center for the Visual Arts.
Nashville Quick Facts:
- Nashville is the capital of Tennessee
- The 13-county Nashville metropolitan area has over 1.5 million in population
- Nashville is home to the Tennessee Titans NFL and the Nashville Predators NHL
- Nashville is known for being a major Healthcare hub in the United States
- Nashville is home to Vanderbilt University, Belmont University and Lipscomb University which provide the city with a young, college student vibe
New in Nashville:
- The Nashville Convention Center being constructed in Downtown Nashville scheduled to open in March 2013
- The first Water-Snow Park in the United States just announced by Dollywood, Inc and Gaylord Entertainment. Expected completion is Spring 2014