The Back Corner is a bar and music venue attached to 5th and Taylor’s “back corner” in Germantown. The Back Corner opened under the radar on December 16, 2016. Nashville Guru got a look inside the new space.
The Back Corner offers an extremely fresh, eclectic, and eye-catching atmosphere designed by Daniel James. The stage and diamond-shaped bar are the focal points, surrounded by lounge seating on the lower and upper floor. The upper floor on either side overlooks the stage and bar area. Custom artwork is prevalent throughout, including murals and a floating central sculpture hanging overhead created by sculptor Cessna Decosimo.
The Back Corner is primarily a music venue with capacity for up to 200 people. Entertainment is curated by JRC Live. There’s a recurring music schedule each week with special themes each night. The current schedule is below.
- MONDAY: “HARD 45: Vintage. Vinyl. Dance.” An all vinyl dance night. Curated by Mindub and Bones Owens.
- TUESDAY: “ENTRO: Nashville’s music industry/influencer playlist night.” Playlists curated by Nashville’s finest, spanning multiple genres. Collaboration with Full Circle Presents.
- WEDNESDAY: NEON: an 80’s revival. Reviving the best decade weekly with a tasteful take on all of your favorites.
- THURSDAY: Indie-pop dance night. Curated by Taylor Truett. A weekly deep dive into the best of electronic and indie music to get you ready for the weekend.
- FRIDAY: To The Maxx with DJ Chill presented by Nashville The Beautiful from 9:00pm to close.
- SATURDAY: Rotating live performances.
The Back Corner has a full bar featuring cocktails and wine. Beer will also be available soon after permits are received. The food menu includes a selection from the kitchen at 5th and Taylor.
If you’re looking for a place with a great vibe, music and drinks, The Back Corner offers something you probably won’t find anywhere else.
- Address: 1411 5th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37208
- Phone: (615) 242-4747
Monday – Saturday: 6pm – close
- Official Website