Stand-Up Paddleboarding (SUP) has become a must-try hobby for people around America, especially in areas like Nashville where there are many lakes and rivers. The sport is fairly easy, good exercise, and most importantly, fun. This is a guide about where you can SUP in Nashville and what SUP companies are in Nashville. Most of the SUP companies require reservations, so be sure to use the contact information below before you head out on your adventure.
STAND-UP PADDLEBOARDING in Nashville
Nashville Paddle is one of the most well-known paddleboarding operations in Nashville. They offer a variety of instructional classes, including FloYo® paddleboard yoga. Nashville Paddle also donates a portion of profits to the Cumberland River Compact. They also have a new boathouse, making it more convenient to walk-up and get paddling.
- Percy Priest Lake (Hamilton Creek Marina)
- Cumberland River / Downtown
- 1 hour: $20
- 2 hours: $40
- Full day: $85
- Weekend: $170
- Week: $350
- More rates and options, including instructional classes, can be seen here.
- Website: www.nashvillepaddle.com
Paddle Up Nashville
Paddle Up Nashville offers lessons, rentals and boards for purchase. Join them at Rock Harbor Marina throughout the SUP season.
- Rock Harbor Marina: 525 Basswood Avenue, Nashville, TN 37209
- 1 hour: $26
- 2 hours: $42
- 3 hours: $60
- 4 hours: $75
- Website: www.paddleupnashville.com
SUP Music City
SUP Music City rents and sells paddleboards, but you have to take a lesson before you can rent the equipment.
- Percy Priest Lake’s Hamilton Creek Sailboat Marina
- Smith Springs Recreation Area
- 1-2 hours: $35
- Half Day: $80
- Full Day: $110
- Website: www.supmusiccity.com
Big Willie’s Action Sports
Big Willie’s offers SUP and kayak rentals for a 2-3 hour paddle down the Cumberland River that starts and ends at Riverfront park on Broadway.
- Downtown Nashville / Cumberland River
- 2 Hour Tour: $50
- 2 Hour Tour for Groups of 8 or More: 10% off
- Unlimited Weekly: $150
- Unlimited Monthly: $250
- Season Pass: $499
- Website: www.bigwilliesnashville.com