Consider this your go-to resource for all things Mardi Gras in Nashville! This year, Mardi Gras, or “Fat Tuesday,” falls on Tuesday, February 28, 2017. We’ve summed up the hottest things to do plus some restaurants to get you in the spirit. Many celebrations will be announced last-minute, so check back here for additional Mardi Gras event options.
- Mardi Gras Themed Events
- Fat Tuesday Events
- Cajun / Creole Restaurants in Nashville
Mardi Gras Themed Events
- FEB 18: The Affair to Care Mardi Gras Ball is an annual young professional, black tie (optional) fundraiser presented by the Southeastern Young Alumni Charitable Foundation (SEYA). This year’s Affair to Care is Saturday, February 18, 2017 from 8pm to midnight at Rocketown. Wear your Mardi Gras best! Get more details.
- FEB 25: The Mardi Gras Bar Crawl presented by My Drink On is Saturday, February 25, 2017 from 2pm to 8pm. The bar crawl will kick-off at Pour House in the Gulch with $3 PBR tall boys, $4 Fireball and a $5 shot special. Get more details.
- MAR 4: The Mardi Gras Masquerade at The Standard is on Saturday, March 4, 2017, from 8pm to midnight. There will be a live authentic New Orleans jazz band and costume contest. Tickets include an open bar, jambalaya, and a swing dance lesson. Get more details.
- MAR 4: Bar Crawl Nation is hosting a Mardi Gras bar crawl in Midtown on Saturday, March 4, 2017 from 3pm to 10pm. Some of Midtown’s most popular bars will be participating, offering free cover and drink specials to those in attendance. Crawlers also get a souvenir mug. Get more details.
Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras Events
- FEB 28: Cochon Butcher, a New Orleans-based restaurant, is hosting a Fat Tuesday celebration from 5pm to 10pm on Tuesday, February 28, 2017. There will be drink specials, free swag, and delicious Cajun cuisine. Get more details.
- FEB 28: Head to Bourbon Street Blues Bar in Printer’s Alley on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 for a crawfish boil, face painting, photo booth, hurricane buckets, giveaways and live music from Delicious Blues Stew and the Stacy Mitchhart Band. These guys have been throwing Mardi Gras parties for over 20 years in Nashville! Get more details.
- FEB 28: Les Kerr & The Bayou Band have been performing at the Bluebird Café on Fat Tuesday for over two decades. Join in on the fun on Tuesday, February 28, 2017. The band goes on at 9pm. There will be amazing music, beads, great food and more. Get more details.
- FEB 28: Rahsaan Barber presents: A Fat Tuesday Tribute to New Orleans on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at City Winery. Enjoy a night of jazz from a rising local saxophonist. Get more details.
Cajun / Creole Restaurants in Nashville
Grab a few friends and chow down on some gumbo and po’ boys to get you in the Mardi Gras mood. Here are a few of the top cajun spots in Music City.
Address: 1120 4th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37208
Address: 1016 Woodland Street, Nashville, TN 37206
Bro’s Cajun Cuisine
Bro’s Cajun Cuisine was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives in 2010 and is owned by a native of Lafayette, Louisiana. The food is supposed to be amazing. See what’s happening on Facebook.
Address: 3214 Charlotte Avenue, Nashville, TN 37209
Bourbon Street Blues & Boogie Bar
Even though Bourbon Street Blues & Boogie Bar is known to be more of a late-night spot, they still have some awesome food. The live music is great and the atmosphere is really fun. If you’re looking for a more entertaining Mardi Gras, head to Printer’s Alley and hit up Bourbon Street Blues.
Address: 220 Printers Alley, Nashville, TN 37201
J Gumbo’s is a “real down-home New Orleans cookin'” restaurant chain located in Downtown Nashville’s Arcade building. This casual Cajun joint is a perfect way to celebrate Mardi Gras during your lunch break. Hours are 10:30am to 5pm.
Address: 223 4th Ave N. Suite #2, Nashville, TN 37219
photo credit: J Gumbo’s
Fin & Pearl
Though Fin & Pearl isn’t a Cajun restaurant, they do have some of the freshest seafood in town along with some staples like the Po’ Boy. This is a good option if you’re looking for hints of Louisiana cuisine in a nice atmosphere. See the menu.
Address: 211 12th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203
Did we leave off a Mardi Gras party or great cajun restaurant?
Let us know in the comments!