Consider this your go-to resource for all things Mardi Gras in Nashville! This year, Mardi Gras or “Fat Tuesday” falls on Tuesday, February 17th. However, there are events before and extending through February 28th in celebration of Mardi Gras.
- Pre Mardi Gras Events
- Fat Tuesday Events
- Post Mardi Gras Events
- Cajun / Creole Restaurants in Nashville
We’ll be adding parties and celebrations as they are announced.
Pre Mardi Gras Events:
- FEB 14: Mardi Gras Bar Crawl is on Saturday, February 14 from 2pm to 8pm at multiple bars on Demonbreun, including Tin Roof, The Dawg House, South, and Dan McGuinness. Expect plenty of beads and beers! Check-in at Tin Roof by 4pm. Get more details.
Fat Tuesday Events:
- FEB 17: 20th Anniversary Extravaganza and Crawfish Boil featuring the Stacy Mitchhart Band at Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie Bar on Tuesday, February 17 at 8pm. Get more details.
- FEB 17: Les Kerr & The Bayou Band have been performing at the Bluebird Café on Fat Tuesday for the past 23 years. Join in on the fun on Tuesday, February 17. The band goes on at 9pm. There will be amazing music, beads, great food and more. Get more details.
- FEB 17: Dr. John and The Nite Trippers are performing a special Mardi Gras show on Tuesday, February 17 at War Memorial Auditorium. “Known throughout the world as the embodiment of New Orleans musical legacy, Dr. John is a true icon in American culture.” The show starts at 8pm! Get more details.
- FEB 17: Hal Newman and The Mystics of Time are being featured at 3rd and Lindsley’s “Fat Tuesday Happy Hour Mardi Gras” show on Tuesday, February 17th. Show starts at 6pm. Get more details.
Post Mardi Gras Events:
Affair to Care Mardi Gras
FEB 21: The Affair to Care Mardi Gras Ball is an annual young professional, black tie (optional) fundraiser presented by the Southeastern Young Alumni Charitable Foundation (SEYA). This year’s Affair to Care is Saturday, February 21, 2015 from 8:00pm to 1:00am. The event will take place at aVenue.
Cajun / Creole Restaurants in Nashville:
Turns out Nashville only has a few parties going on, but we’ve researched and found the best Cajun / Creole Cuisine for you to check out. Grab a few friends and chow down on some gumbo and po-boys to get you in the Mardi Gras spirit.
Bro’s Cajun Cuisine
Bro’s Cajun Cuisine was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives in 2010 and is owned by a native of Lafayette, Louisiana. The food is supposed to be amazing. See menu.
Address: 3214 Charlotte Avenue, Nashville, TN 37209
Bourbon Street Blues & Boogie Bar
Even though Bourbon Street Blues & Boogie Bar is known to be more of a late night spot, they still have some awesome food. The live music is great and the atmosphere is really fun. If you’re looking for a more entertaining Mardi Gras, head to Printer’s Alley and hit up Bourbon Street Blues.
Address: 220 Printers Alley, Nashville, TN 37201
Patrick’s Bistreaux in the Berry Hill neighborhood is one of the best Cajun and Creole restaurants in Nashville. With loyal customers, this place is known for the amazing food and great atmosphere. It’s a great spot to hangout with your crew.
Address: 2821 Brandford Avenue, Nashville, TN 37204