If you’ve ever wanted to attend a live recording session in Nashville, now’s your chance. Imagine Recordings, which has over 60 five-star reviews on TripAdvisor, allows guests to attend a live 80-minute recording session every Saturday at 2:00pm at historic Sound Stage Studios on Music Row, where over 500 #1 hits have been created by stars like Johnny Cash and George Strait. Attendees can sit side-by-side with some of Music City’s top talent as they perform in the tracking room, or watch all the action behind the glass in the control room. This experience is suitable for individuals or large groups up to 50 people. Whether you’re a budding studio engineer or just a casual music listener, this is a one-of-a-kind, fun thing to do in Nashville. Here’s how it works and what to expect.
How It Works
- Visit the Imagine Recordings Eventbrite page and select your date. Tickets are $85 per person. Use promo code GURU for $5 off tickets. The sessions take place every Saturday at 2:00pm from May 18, 2019, to September 14, 2019.
- Arrive at the studio, mingle, and enjoy complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages before the performance.
- Listen to Grammy-winning producer Steve Fishell’s introduction to the experience.
- Watch and listen to the artists record two songs—one original song and one cover you’ve probably heard.
- See all the action in the control room, where two audio engineers work the soundboard and recording software.
- Meet the artists, ask questions, and get a photo after the 80-minute session.
- Receive a mastered version of the cover song that was recording while you were in the studio.
What to Expect
The Tracking Room
The Control Room
Observation & Introduction Room
Bar & Lounge
If you want to do something truly unique in Nashville, check out Imagine Recordings.
- Address: Sound Stage Studios, 10 Music Circle South, Nashville, TN 37203 (map)
- When: Saturdays at 2:00pm
- Private sessions are also available for up to 50 people