Whether it’s a new year, a recent break up or just a desire to get rock-hard abs, there are a handful of fitness facilities to help you be on top of your game. Here are eight of the best gyms in Nashville to jumpstart your workout regimen.
NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.
The Best Gyms in Nashville
QNTM Fit Life
From weights to cardio machines to indoor cycling to hydromassage lounges, this spot truly has it all. Standard membership gets you access to QNTM Fit Life’s 24-hour facility, free two-hour parking, and infrared saunas, among other amenities, while VIP adds in perks like yoga and barre classes. An all-access pass throws in top-tier group training plus other fun fitness stuff.
- Monthly memberships: starting at $54.99 per month
- VIP membership + All-Access options also available
When it comes to CrossFit and 24-hour gym access, look to Pro Vita in historic Germantown. While the focus is CrossFit, members can enjoy an open gym anytime plus a variety of other training options like HIIT total body conditioning, small group exercise classes, and personal training.
- CrossFit memberships: starting at $150 per month (month-to-month)
- Introductory: $90 for 5 sessions
- Additional options here
Neighborhood: Midtown / Music Row
This local gym prides itself on being dedicated to group fitness and feeling good—not just looking good. Included in the GetFit615 mix are TRX, cardio, rowing and more. Personal training and a special monthly deal with Shakti Power Yoga, its upstairs neighbor on Music Row, are also available.
- Month-to-month membership with unlimited classes: $120 per month
- Month-to-month membership with 12 classes per month: $105 per month
- Month-to-month membership with 5 classes per month: $55 per month
- 1-year unlimited membership: $1,000
- New member offer: $10 first class or 30 days for $30
Nashville Athletic Club
Neighborhood: South Nashville
In addition to group classes and a large weightlifting area, NAC boasts a darkened cardio theater where you can hop on an elliptical or stair machine and get lost in a movie while you burn calories. These kinds of offerings make up for a location that’s not incredibly convenient for most Nashvillians.
- Option 1: $19.99 per month with a 12-month commitment, plus a $49 enrollment fee
- Option 2: $29.99 per month with a 12-month commitment, plus a $1 enrollment fee
- Option 3: $29.99 per month with no long-term commitment, plus a $25 enrollment fee
- Option 4: FREE 3-day pass
Neighborhood: The Nations
This gritty warehouse offers no frills (or air conditioning, FYI), focusing instead on the thrill of “throwback” powerlifting and strength training. Its website declares that Rocky Balboa might’ve worked out here, but many of Poe’s members are newbies who are learning the ropes of a proper, safe workout—so no one should feel intimidated.
- Primary membership: $89 per month with a one-year commitment, plus fees
- Pay As You Go membership: $119 per month, plus fees
- The Nations resident membership: $69 per month with a one-year commitment, plus fees
- Female membership: $74 per month with a one-year commitment, plus fees
- Partner memberships also available
Neighborhood: West End / Midtown
Surprisingly overlooked for an 18,500-square-foot-fitness facility, the Centennial Sportsplex is a one-stop shop for fitness enthusiasts of all levels. There’s tons of cardio and strength equipment, an indoor track, personal training services and group classes that range from boot camp to TRX to zumba.
- Adults: $8 per day
- Students (with valid ID): $7 per day
With eight local locations equipped with gyms, there’s usually a Y not too far from work or home, and they all get the job done in varying capacities. The downtown YMCA facility, on Church Street, is especially sought after for its rooftop pool, diverse fitness classes and exceptional staff. Just brace yourself for the parking situation.
- Adults 19-30: $40 per month, plus one-time $50 joining fee
- Adults 31-64: $63 per month, plus one-time $75 joining fee
- Additional options here
Takes 2 Fitness
Though the foundation of Takes 2 Fitness is rooted in one-on-one training, its state-of-the-art facility can be a blast to let loose in on your own. This family-owned fitness center has three locations across town, all of which are open 24 hours (although only the top two membership tiers have access after 7pm). Couple membership options are also available.
- Partner membership: $44.99 per month, plus $125 enrollment fee
- Partner Plus membership: $54.99 per month, plus $175 enrollment fee
- Partner Elite membership: $104.99 per month, plus $175 enrollment fee
- Couple memberships also available
Neighborhood: East Nashville
Gym 5 your friendly neighborhood gym—even if you don’t live right in East Nashville, thanks to its convenient Main Street location. All are welcome here: In addition to weight rooms and an array of machines, you’ll find yoga, boxing, spinning, a women-specific booty camp and more.
- Membership rates are not available online, but Gym 5 offers single, joint and corporate rates.
Is your favorite Nashville gym missing? Let us know in the comments!