The Frist Center for the Visual Arts is Nashville’s iconic museum providing fresh, one-of-a-kind exhibitions. It’s a fun and insightful way to spend a day in Nashville, especially with friends and family. Current must-see exhibitions are listed below.
World War I and American Art
Exhibition Dates: October 6, 2017 – January 21, 2018
The World War I and American Art exhibitions coincides with the United States’ entry into the war. The exhibition features over seventy artists, giving visitors a glimpse into America’s wartime visual culture.
Nick Cave: Feat.
Exhibition Dates: November 10, 2017 – June 24, 2018
Nick Cave is a Chicago-based artist who creates colorful and texture-rich pieces. He produces art from a wide variety of mediums, including video, installation, sculpture, and performance. This exhibition can be enjoyed by audiences of all backgrounds and ages.
- FREE Admission on Mondays from 11/6 – 12/18 with food donations
- Frist Center members: FREE
- Youth (18 and under): FREE
- College Students with ID: FREE on Thursdays and Fridays from 5pm to 9pm (including Frist Fridays)
- College Students with ID: $9.00
- Adults: $12.00
- Seniors (65 and older): $9.00
- Active Military (with current military ID): $7.00
- Groups of 10 or more (with advance reservation): $10.00