The Frist Center for the Visual Arts is Nashville’s iconic museum providing one-of-a-kind exhibitions every 6 to 8 weeks. It’s a fun and insightful way to spend a day, especially with friends and family. Current exhibitions are listed below.
Ragnar Kjartansson: The Visitors
Exhibition Dates: November 18, 2016 – February 12, 2017
This one-hour, nine-screen video installation features musicians performing in a historic mansion in New York’s Hudson River Valley. Ragnar Kjartansson: The Visitors combines the artist’s interest in music, endurance and beauty in what The Boston Globe considers “a generational masterpiece.”
Samurai: The Way of the Warrior
Exhibition Dates: November 4, 2016 – January 16, 2017
Samurai: The Way of the Warrior features a robust display of the artistic arms and armor of the historic Japanese Samurai. Take a journey through the legendary warrior class that dominated the Japanese political sphere for almost 700 years.
- FREE Admission on Mondays in November and December with food donations
- Frist Center members: FREE
- Youth (18 and under): FREE
- College Students with ID: FREE on Thursdays and Fridays from 5pm to 9pm (with the exception of Frist Fridays)
- College Students with ID: $9.00
- Adults: $12.00
- Seniors (65 and older): $9.00
- Active Military (with current military ID): $7.00
- Groups of 10 or more (with advance reservation): $10.00
For more information, visit the Frist Center’s official website.