One of East Nashville’s most treasured spots, The Family Wash, is on the verge of opening at its new location on Main Street. Family Wash owner Jamie Rubin joined forces with Garage Coffee’s Robert Camardo, former Fido chef John Stephenson, and artist manager Mitchell Fox to make the new Family Wash bigger and better. The new space includes the addition of Garage Coffee Company. They are opening the week of Monday, August 17, 2015.
Family Wash will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner all day every day. Chef De Cuisine, Rachel Tumerman, is overseeing the menu. Menu highlights include fried green biscuit sandwiches, stoned grits, Napa wedges, Rubin’s rueben, and, of course, the classic FW Shepherd’s pie.
The tap wall will pour 12 beers, eight wines, and four specialty cocktails. That’s right — beers, wines and cocktails on tap. They also have wines by the glass and bottled or canned beer. If you’re looking for complicated mixology, though, Stephenson says they won’t have any of that. “We’ll have plenty of your standard cocktail options, but we’re going to keep it simple.”
Garage Coffee has their own section at the front where you can get a cup of joe around-the-clock. The folks behind the bar will double as bartenders and baristas, so whether it’s 7am or 11pm, you can get your caffeine fix.
Many features from the old Family Wash have made their way to the new location, including Christmas lights, the “Fish Bowl” room, the American flag painting behind the band, and the general layout. The new place isn’t quite as “divey,” but we’re confident the heart of the Family Wash is beating just fine.
When you walk in, you’ll see the large “Service” sign, where you can order coffee. The seating in the coffee and bar area is open seating. There’s also standing room along the divider between the bar and main dining area.
The main dining area is ideal for enjoying a meal and watching the band. This section isn’t open seating, so call ahead, especially for larger groups.
Head to the back “Fish Bowl” room if you want some separation from the music or have a large party. When the weather is nice, the garage door may be open, too.
As to be expected, The Family Wash will have music nightly, so make sure to check the calendar to see who’s on stage. We’re excited for the rebirth of The Family Wash, and recommend checking it out when they open their doors in mid-August.
- Reservations: Only necessary for groups of 6 or more.
- Parking: The Family Wash has a parking lot for about 12 vehicles. To access it from Main Street, turn on South 7th Street and turn right in the next alley. You’ll see the entrance on your right. Additional parking is available across the street at Paro South Creative Suites after 5pm.
- Alcohol: There’s a full bar, including 12 drafts beers, eight draft wines, and four draft cocktails. Bottled beer, canned beer, wines by the glass, and standard cocktails are also available.
- Happy hours: No happy hour specials yet!
- Patio: Yes, there is a patio with seating up to 16 along with additional standing room.
Family Wash Contact Details
- Address:626A Main Street, Nashville, TN 37206 (map)
- Hours: Monday through Saturday 7am to Midnight, closed Sunday
- Phone: (615) 645-9930 (call)
For more information, visit the official Family Wash website.