Alright, who doesn’t love a good Sunday Funday? Sometimes they happen unexpectedly when you go to an innocent brunch with friends, have one too many mimosas and then end up barhopping all day. Sometimes you Sunday Funday completely on purpose because Monday is looming and it’s the only way to block it out for a few more hours. Whether it’s unexpected or on purpose, this is your guide to having the best Sunday Funday in Nashville.
All good Sunday Fundays start with the right meeting spot in the AM or early PM, which usually means brunch. Once you finish your meal and Bloody Mary, you stroll to another nearby spot for additional beverages, maybe a round of beers or a bushwacker. Soon enough, you’re searching for late night pizza, scheduling your Uber ride, and dreading your Monday alarm.
First thing’s first — you have to consider where you want to spend your Sunday Funday. Our top neighborhood picks for Sunday Fundays are: (1) East Nashville, (2) Downtown or (3) Midtown. Then, you have to consider the time of day. We’ve broken the time down by: (1) AM TO PM, (2) PM and (3) LATE NIGHT. Finally, it’s good to consider happy hours and specials, which we’ve also included.
Now… let’s do this.
SUNDAY FUNDAY: EAST NASHVILLE
AM TO PM
- Butcher & Bee has an amazing brunch service from 10:00am to 2:30pm on Sundays only. You’ll be thinking about this meal long after you leave.
- 3 Crow Bar has for 2-for-1s on beer and liquor starting at Noon. This is a natural progression for a Sunday Funday, but remember smoking is still allowed, so if that’s not your thing, steer clear or get over it.
- The Crying Wolf opens at 5pm and has a happy hour from 5pm to 8pm includes two sliders and a PBR for $6, $2 select beers, $6 double wells, and $6 shot + PBR. $5 well shots all day, every day.
PM TO LATE NIGHT
- Doesn’t every good Sunday Funday involve pizza? Head to Five Points Pizza’s slice window to grab a piece of pizza for your walk to the next bar — they’re open until 1am on Sundays.
- Beyond the Edge has 2-for-1 bottled and draft beer all day on Sunday, so you may want to make this your late night spot.
SUNDAY FUNDAY: DOWNTOWN
AM TO PM
- The Southern is a great brunch spot (10am to 3pm) and takes reservations, so make a reservation and meet your friends here. They’re known for the Steak and Biscuit Benedict. See the menu.
- Suzy Wong’s Drag’n Brunch is brunch from 11am to 3pm with live drag entertainment from the “play mates,” and it’s definitely unique to Nashville. This will add a wild kick to your Sunday Funday. See brunch menu.
- Pinewood Social is one of the most popular joints in Nashville. They have bowling, bocce ball and a couple pools, so you could easily spend your entire Sunday here.
- Acme has three different levels of good times. You could also spend an entire Sunday at this place. We recommend going straight to the second floor or the rooftop. You can play shuffle board, watch a sports game, or eat sushi (starting at 3pm on Sundays) on level 2 and enjoy the Nashville views from the rooftop.
- Robert’s is always a great place to listen to live music, which goes until 2am every Sunday. If you’re wanting to stay out on the town, this is a great place for a nightcap.
SUNDAY FUNDAY: MIDTOWN
AM TO PM
- Tavern is a very popular brunch spot. They also have happy hour from 10:00am to 3:00pm that includes 2-for-1 Sangria, Bloody Marys and Mimosas. Get their early though, this place fills up on Sundays.
- Clyde’s on Church is a little further from some of the other great spots in Midtown but a super popular Sunday hangout. They are open from 11:00am til midnight. They have five ping pong tables, two suffleboards, and two foosball tables. This is a great Sunday Funday spot to meet friends for lunch, dinner, or late night.
- Kung Fu Saloon has a huge outdoor area filled with giant jenga, ping pong, cornhole, and tons of seating. There are also a ton of arcade games and ski ball inside!
- Rebar has an awesome patio, a bunch of games inside, two huge bars, and happy hour on Sunday. Specials run from 11:00am to 10:00pm featuring $2.50 domestics, $3.50 imports/micro brews, 2-for-1 well drinks, 2-for-1 fireball, and half-priced grape and cherry bombs.
- Red Door is typically packed on Sundays! It’s a super popular bar in Nashville that has a great covered patio, huge bar and great atmosphere.
- Broadway Brewhouse offers 2-for-1 on most drafts from 11:00am until midnight, so it’s a good place to stop by anytime on your Sunday Funday in midtown. They have pretty good bar food, too, if you need a little grub.
- Hit up Soulshine or Two Boots if you’re craving some late night pizza before heading home!
That wraps up our Sunday Funday. If we left off your favorite Sunday hangout, let us know in the comments!