Dance your way through summer at the weekly Big Band Dance in Centennial Park. Enjoy dancing and live big band–era music every Saturday in June, July, and August from 7:00pm to 10:00pm at one of Nashville’s most popular parks. (No event will be held on July 1 due to the holiday weekend.)
If you’re uncomfortable on the dance floor, it’s a great chance to learn. There are two free group ballroom dance lessons, from 7:00pm to 7:30pm and 8:30pm to 8:50pm. The music starts at 7:30pm and continues into the night, so keep your dancing shoes on. Sweet and savory food trucks will be onsite each week to sell snacks and drinks. The event is fun, free, and well-attended—bring a lawn chair or blanket to take it all in.
- June 2: The Establishment (Swing)
- June 9: The Jazz Alliance (Waltz)
- June 16: The Moonlighters (Rumba)
- June 23: South Jackson Street Band (Tango)
- July 1: No dance due to holiday weekend
- July 7: Guardians of Swing (Swing)
- July 14: Debbi Bailes & Her Band (Foxtrot)
- July 21: The Paul Ross Orchestra (Waltz)
- July 28: Radio Daze (Swing)
- August 4: The Merchants of Cool (Rumba)
- August 11: The Lynn Beal Band (Foxtrot)
- August 18: Rory Partin & His All Star Big Band (Tango)
- August 25: Music City Swing (Swing)
Note: The dances may be canceled due to weather, so be sure to check the Centennial Park Big Band Dance Facebook page before heading that way.