Dance your way through June, July, and August at Centennial Park’s Big Band Dance! Enjoy dancing and live big band era music each Saturday at one of Nashville’s most popular parks.
If you’re uncomfortable on the dance floor, it’s a great time to learn. Dance World hosts two free group ballroom dance lessons from 7pm to 7:30pm and 8:30pm to 8:50pm.
Music will continue into the night, so keep your dancing shoes on. One sweet and one savory food truck will be there each week to sell snacks and drinks. The event is fun and free, so get ready to cut a rug! The event is often well-attended, so bring a lawn chair or blanket.
- When: Saturdays in June, July, and August
- Time: 7:00pm to 10:00pm (dance lessons start at 7pm, music starts at 7:30pm)
- Where: Centennial Park
- Cost: FREE
- June 3: Music City Swing (Swing)
- June 10: The Establishment (Waltz)
- June 17: The Moonlighters (Rumba)
- June 24: The Lynn Beal Band (Foxtrot)
- July 1: No dance due to holiday weekend
- July 8: Rory Partin & HIs All Star Big Band (Swing)
- July 15: The Merchants of Cool (Cha Cha)
- July 22: The Paul Ross Orchestra (Rumba)
- July 29: J. Bradley Big Band (Tango)
- August 5: Debi Bailes & Her Band (Waltz)
- August 12: The Jerry Vinett Big Band (Foxtrot)
- August 19: Music City Swing (Tango)
- August 26: The Moonlighters (Swing)
The dances may be canceled due to weather, so be sure to check one of these resources before heading that way:
Photo credits: Big Band Dance Facebook Page