Dance your way through summer at the weekly Big Band Dance in Centennial Park. Enjoy dancing and live big band–era music every Saturday in June, July, and August from 7:00pm to 10:00pm at one of Nashville’s most popular parks. (No event will be held on July 6, 2019, due to the holiday weekend.)
If you’re uncomfortable on the dance floor, it’s a great chance to learn. There are two free group ballroom dance lessons, from 7:00pm to 7:30pm and 8:30pm to 8:50pm. The music starts at 7:30pm and continues into the night, so keep your dancing shoes on. Sweet and savory food trucks will be onsite each week to sell snacks and drinks. The event is fun, free, and well-attended—bring a lawn chair or blanket to take it all in.
- Saturday, June 1, 2019: Music City Swing (Swing)
- Saturday, June 8, 2019: The Merchants of Cool (Waltz)
- Saturday, June 15, 2019: The Establishment (Rumba)
- Saturday, June 22, 2019: The Lynn Beal Band (Tango)
- Saturday, June 29, 2019: Radio Daze (Foxtrot)
- Saturday, July 13, 2019: Rory Partin & His All Star Big Band (Swing)
- Saturday, July 20, 2019: The Jazz Alliance (Waltz)
- Saturday, July 27, 2019: The Paul Ross Orchestra (Rumba)
- Saturday, August 3, 2019: South Jackson Street Band (Tango)
- Saturday, August 10, 2019: Music City Big Band (Foxtrot)
- Saturday, August 17, 2019: J. Bradley Big Band (Swing)
- Saturday, August 24, 2019: Debbi Bailes & Her Band (Waltz)
- Saturday, August 31, 2019: The Moonlighters (Swing)
Note: The dances may be canceled due to weather, so be sure to check the Centennial Park Big Band Dance Facebook page before heading that way.