ICE! featuring A Christmas Story™ is at Gaylord Opryland from November 8, 2019, to January 1, 2020. See over two million pounds of ice bring the classic holiday movie to life through intricate, hand-carved ice sculptures and displays. A wide range of memorable scenes from the movie are presented, including the leg lamp, the school flagpole, and the BB gun. One of the most popular interactive displays is the two-story ice slide, where kids and adults can take a chilly ride to the bottom. The self-guided, walk-through tour ends with a separate area dedicated to the Nativity scene in crystal-clear ice. Scroll down to see photos and learn more about this fun holiday activity in Nashville.
GURU DISCOUNT: For a limited time, Nashville Guru readers can get a FREE ticket to ICE! with the purchase of a ticket to Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical. Get more details.
What to Expect
- The room is 9°F, so be sure to wear a hat, gloves, and warm socks. Thick blue parkas are provided, but plenty of extra layers are recommended.
- The indoor experience lasts approximately 30 minutes.
- Tickets are $21.99-$32.99, and free for children 3 and under. Get a free ticket with the purchase of a ticket to Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical.
- Additional fun activities are inside Gaylord Opryland Events Center and right outside at Pinetop, including the Build-A-Bear Workshop, Gingerbread Decorating Corner, outdoor ice skating, tubing, and a scavenger hunt. Each activity is an additional fee.
- Food and drinks, including alcoholic beverages, are available for purchase throughout the property.
Also During A Country Christmas at Gaylord Opryland
Make your way to the resort for more holiday fun during A Country Christmas at Gaylord Opryland, including:
- Three million Christmas lights and festive décor throughout the entire property
- Photos with Santa in the Delta atrium
- SoundWaves water experience
- Delta Riverboat Christmas Cruise
- Christmas fountain shows (on the hour from 6:00pm to 9:00pm)
- Carriage rides
- Outdoor nativity scene
- Holiday dining, including Rudolph’s Holly Jolly Feast
- Frosty’s Christmas Pub
- …and much more!